One big part of the 2.0 development is to make the tools even better. I listened very carefully to what you forum users told me from your experiences with the tools. So here's a list of what's coming:
- 6 new tools are planned (Brush, Line, Resize, Extrude, Pile Up, Zoom)
- 2 tools are dropped (Add, Fill Hollow) their features will be added to other tools
- Every tool gets tool options (e.g. the new brush has a select mode). Those tool options can be set via the tool options bar placed on top of the workarea (where the display options have been)
- Pencil, Brush, Eraser, Select, Rectangle and Line will work in matrix mode like in slice mode (auto slice picking and mouse dragging enabled!)
- The Resize and Extrude modifiers will get their own tools
- all tools are accessible in model-mode, so if you selet the paint tool in model mode and click on a matrix this matrix will be automatically opened in matrix mode.
- Hitting ENTER to attach cubes won't be needed any more