Do you know Minecraft?
Silly question, of course you do, it's the most successfull indie game ever made! Thanks to Minecraft millions of gamers around the world started to create the most amazing things. With month of planning and by placing one block at a time people build miniature versions of practically everything, they even rebuilt Denmark!
But does this really have to take that long? We from Minddesk say: you don't have to use in-game tools to build stuff for a voxel game, why don't you try Qubicle? With Qubicle you can draw freehand lines in mid-air, or select areas of voxels to rotate and move them. Sounds great? Well, those are only very basic features. Qubicle is a professional voxel editor that combines powerful tools with an incredibly user-friendly interface.
There's so much more to discover!
Indie game developers around the world start to make voxel games. Titles like Stonehearth, Trove and many more offer vibrant new worlds to discover, worlds that can be customized by you the player. Always wanted to equip your character with a charming pink bunny costume? You can do that, use Qubicle!
Voxel games like Stonehearth or Trove were made with the help of Qubicle. Why don't you develop your own one? Qubicle enables you to create models for your game in an easy and very fast way. Qubicle's integrated mesh optimizer exports fast low poly models that you can use in game development engines like Unity or Unreal. Creating 3D-assets for games has never been easier!
Our new and improved mesh optimizer formerly known as Qubicle Unite is now fully incorporated into the main application. It reduces the poly count of exported meshes significantly making them suitable for game development and real-time animation.
The mesh-optimizer offers a wide range of options to suit all your needs like manifold/non-manifold meshes, vertex colors/textures, custom pivots and texturing sharing. The resulting meshes are saved as Collada or OBJ and can be used with game-development engines like Unity3D or Unreal.
Mesh to Voxel Conversion
Our mesh to voxel converter called Qubicle Voxelizer offers a very easy and user-friendly way to convert regular meshes to voxels. Qubicle Voxelizer comes with a split screen interface that lets you preview the original mesh as well as the resulting voxel model on the same screen. Load a mesh, tweek your voxelize settings and export the result, it couldn't be any easier.
Qubicle Voxelizer is available separately. Prices for commercial use are $30 per license and $15 for non-profit use.
- Professional Voxel Editor edit voxels in 3d, on a 2d slice (locked and auto), select and modify voxels
- Draw in free space, freehand, lines, rectangles, boxes
- Supported games anything that supports our export formats including Stonehearth, Trove, Spark Rising, VOX, Adventure Box, Voxatron, Ace Of Spades, Minecraft 2. More to come.
- Mesh export file formats Collada DAE 2, Wavefront OBJ 2, STL 2
- Mesh export options custom pivots, textured or vertex color, shared textures, optional mesh optimization (manifold and non-manifold)
- Voxel file formats Qubicle Constructor 1.6 QMO1, Qubicle Binary QB, Qubicle Exchange QEF, Voxlap KV71, Voxlap VOX, BINVOX1 , Minecraft Schematic 2. More to come.
- 14 tools Pencil, Eraser, Add, Move, Select, Magic Wand, Paint Bucket, Eyedropper, Rectangle, Box, Box Select, Extrude, Resize, Split
- Color filter Hue/Saturation, Brightness/Contrast, Desaturate, Color Overlay, Invert, Sepia, Posterize, Noise
- 30+ additional modifier like flip, mirror, rotate, scale, align, distribute, boolean operations, noise, divide, hollow, etc.
- Object types Matrix (single 3d grid), Model (multiple matrices), Compound (group of objects)
- Object hierachy for easy handling of complex scenes
- Basic flat shaded Render with optional turntable animation and watermark label
- Modern, flexible and user-friendly User Interface, simple keyboard shortcut assignment
2 Feature still in development
New Features in Qubicle 2.0
- Resize objects' workarea with the Resize Tool
- Cut a matrix into two matrices with the Split Tool
- Extrude a 2d area with the Extrude Tool
- Draw a box of voxels with the Box Tool
- Select a 3d area of voxels with the Box Select Tool
- Freehand drawing in all modes and across multiple objects
- Tool options alter the behaviour of tools (e.g. "contiguous" ans "threshold" 1 for the magic wand)
- The new 2D Auto Mode automatically picks a slice to draw on, thus enabling you to draw in empty space
- Mouse over object/voxel highlighting
Import / Export
- Improved open/save pipeline enables you to work directly on supported file-types without using import/export
- Export Pivots enable you to set the pivots of exported meshes directly in Qubicle
- Integrated Mesh Optimization (formerly know as Qubicle Unite) now creates manifold and non-manifold meshes 1 and supports texture sharing
- Export as Collada .dae 1
- Export as STL for 3D printing. Supports monochrome and color encoding. 1
- Improved OBJ export 1
- New color modifier Sepia, Color Overlay, Posterize, Invert
- Context sensitive smart actions take into account from which angle you are looking at the scene or which object is highlighted and alter their behaviour accordingly. Sounds complicated, feels perfectly intuitive.
- Safe attach resizes a matrix automatically if detached voxels don't fit into the workarea
- Boolean operations Union, Subtract and Difference. Union - formerly known as Combine - can now combine multiple objects in one step
- The object type Compound can group mulitple matrices (and Compounds) into a single object, thus enabling object hierachy
- Align and Distribute objects
- Locking helps you to protect finalized objects from modification
- Customizable Quick Access Bar with 12 assignable slots for all kinds of actions
- Right-click tool wheel with 5 custumizable slots for quick tool selection + quick access to the 3 edit modes
- Custom keyboard shortcut assignment. Easily assignable via the mainmenu
- New proprietary QBCL file format which stores a preview thumbnail and optional meta information like description or keywords
- Import Adobe Swatch Exchange to easily transfer your swatch map from Photoshop to Qubicle
Mesh export 95%
The mesh export module is fully functional and only needs to be added to the main application.
Mac OS X version 80%
- Minor adjustments to Mac-specific behavior like keyboard shortcuts and file handling are required.
- A single OpenGL bug needs to be fixed.
- Packaging and software protection still missing.
Steam edition 50%
The module system is working already. The Steam interface needs to be developed.
Minor features that are still missing
- Turntable render
- Scale and rotate
- Minecraft export
- Start screen skinning
- Help system
Qubicle Steam Edition
Our Steam Edition will offer a small set of tools and functions that will enable beginners to get started with Qubicle and learn the basics. New features will be unlockable by purchasing DLC Modules. The export module is required to use most parts of Qubicle, all other modules are optional but will greatly increase the functionality and overall workflow. Very few pro features like the mesh-optimizer will not be unlockable. Our Steam Greenlight campaign will launch in September! Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or subscribe to our newsletter to get notified of the launch.
We offer two different license types suitable for commercial use. The Master edition contains all features available including the integrated mesh optimizer. If you want to create a game and sell it than the Master edition is your best choice.
For bigger projects that don't require mesh optimization for all users, or for products that don't require low poly meshes at all we offer the Professional edition at a lower price tag.
If you like to create a non-profit game that requires mesh optimization or you simply don't want to purchase Qubicle on Steam than the Home edition is your best choice.
Teaching voxel modeling is a great way to equip students with fundamental knowledge about 3d-modeling and game development. That's why we offer our full package to educational institutions at a very modest price. Contact us and get a set of educational licenses for your class.
We offer discounts for purchases of multiple licenses of Master, Professional or Home. Order 2 or 3 licenses at once and save 10%, order 4 or more licenses to save 25%. Volume pricing discounts are applied automatically during your order process and are only available if you order multiple licenses at once.
All licenses are single-seat licenses. Prices are listed in US dollars. Non-profit licenses include local taxes, business licenses don't. Reduced prices are time-limited and will end with the pre-order phase. Minddesk reserves the right to change this offer at any time.
What games are supported?Right now we support Stonehearth, Trove, Vox, Spark Rising and Ace Of Spades and any other voxel game that can import our supported file formats. Our goal is to support as many moddable voxel games as possible. Minecraft and Cube World are on our priority list and will follow soon.
When will Qubicle 2.0 be available on Steam?Our Steam Greenlight campaign will start in September. As soon as we get greenlit it's a matter of days until we can release our Steam edition.
When will you release Qubicle 2.0 for MacOS?The development is nearly finished. We expect the release to be in October. Some minor MacOS X specific adjustments and bug fixes need to be done plus packaging and software protection.
If I pre-order now when do I get my copy of Qubicle 2.0?You will get Qubicle 2.0 Master Beta immediately after the order process is completed. All features are accessible but some are still in development and therefore missing. You will be notified via e-mail about every new update.
Can I upgrade my Qubicle Constructor 1.6 license to Qubicle 2.0?
If you have purchased a Qubicle Constructor license before September 2nd 2014 you can upgrade your license at a discount:
- Qubicle Constructor 1 Master to Qubicle 2 Master: $70
- Qubicle Constructor 1 Home to Qubicle 2 Home: $25
- Owners of a Qubicle Constructor Stonehearth Edition will get a free Steam key for the Export Module as soon as it is available
Can I upgrade my Qubicle Constructor 1.6 version to Qubicle 2.0 for MacOS?Yes. As soon as the MacOS version is ready for release that option is available. Until then you can only upgrade to the Windows version.
Can I switch a Qubicle 2.0 license from Windows to MacOS?If you purchase Qubicle 2.0 before the MacOS version is out, you will be able to switch from Windows to MacOS without extra costs.
How long will I get updates?You will get all 2.x updates for free. Updates for the Steam edition will apply automatically.
Qubicle 2.0 Pre-order
During the beta phase we offer Qubicle 2.0 at a discount.
Pre-order today to get Qubicle 2.0 on day one, instant access to Qubicle 2.0 Beta and save 20% of the retail price.
This offer also inlcudes a free license of the mesh-to-voxel-converter Qubicle Voxelizer.
Pre-order is currently only available for Windows. Read the FAQ for more info.
The Minddesk Team
Plays MGS3, RE4, Last Of Us
Plays FFVII, FFX, FFXIV